Saturday, 4 February 2012

Generations Cafe - 119 Deagon Street, Sandgate

 So Every Saturday I take my son Austin to soccer in Sandgate and we usually stop for breakfast or morning tea afterwards. I always drive past this cafe and say to myself I should go there. It isn't actually uncommon that I do drive past lots of cafes and think that but anyway today I did stop in.



I really loved the kitsch vintage feel to the decor. Lots of interesting light, furnishing, bits and pieces. The other thing that I really loved was the homely atmosphere with their collection of homemade treats lining the front counter. The staff who were also the owners of this family business were genuinely warm and inviting which I felt really complimented such a cosy space. It also had plenty of place to sit both inside and out.






 







By far the best attraction though had to be the Dinosaurs. Austin was so stoked to see them and set them up to join us for morning tea. It was definitely a very child friendly environment with some chairs and a tub of toys out in the courtyard (where he found our new Dino friends.) The waitress also happily dodged the dinosaurs with my mocha and still had a smile on her face too.




Austin ordered a pear, mango and pine smoothy. Judging by the fact he drank the whole cup which was quite big for a little boy, I'd say he really enjoyed it. He even had an audience of dinosaurs to watch on.


The souvenir teaspoons and the mismatched vintage crookery really added to that homely vibe.

I ordered a slice of orange and almod cake while Austin ordered Carrot. We both tried each others and ended up swapping in the end. I think both cakes were pretty evenly delicious though.




Over all I was pretty pleased with the service and food as well as the child friendly atmosphere so will definitely stop by another time.


Generations Cafe on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment