Monday, 13 February 2012

Lust For Life - 176 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley

Lust for life is a Tattoo studio that also has a gallery and coffee bar... I wouldn't say it was typically a place you take a child as there are loads of nice things that children might like to break haha. However if you have children that are a bit older and appreciate nice food and art it's a great quiet place to stop.



Austin just chatting up the staff.


I came to see the exhibition by Tricia King 'In Hiding' you can see more of her here... 'The Itchy Eyes' Both Austin and I enjoyed it and he told me matter of factly the 'Tiger' photo was the best in fact he stared at it for a good while (so 30 seconds in 2 year old time :D)



While they are mostly a coffee bar they do sell some cold bottled drinks along side some of their sweet treats in the front case. I was delighted to see they serve Boyland soda which I love. Austin was more than impressed with his Grape Soda.




The other main attraction though apart from the wonderful art and some of Brisbane's best tattooers was the bagel bar. There was a wide variety at a reasonable price. Even if your child is a bit to spirited to bring in I still highly recommend even getting a take away bagel.


I had the 'Brooklyn' a poppyseed toasted bagel filled with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, dill and red onion while Austin had the Bluebird - Plain toasted bagel with blueberry spread and cream cheese. Both of us agreed these were delicious and I'm still thinking about them now they were that good.




So if you love great art please do come and check out this great exhibition and enjoy a delicious bagel while your there. Highly recommend it!


Lust for Life Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment